My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://bethanytab.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Man Food

There's a hungry man in my house, and his hunger cannot be satisfied with my old singlehood favorites like grilled chicken and lettuce.  Heck, I used to eat chips and salsa for dinner. Hungry man calls that half an appetizer. I've got to change my ways.
When I inherited hungry man, he came with a pantry full of disjointed ingredients that I feel I must use because I hate wasting food. 
I was staring at said pantry around dinner time and picked up and stared at a bag of lentils for the eighteenth time when hungry man happened to walk by and said "I love lentils!"
I heard that marriage was all about compromise, and now I believe it. I took his beloved lentils and I made chick food out of it that was so good he tweeted about it and volunteered to do the dishes. 

I bring to you: the Mighty Lentil Burger

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups cooked lentils
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ medium onion, diced
  • ½ tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 fresh clove of garlic, pressed
  • 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
  • ½ cup rolled oats, finely ground
  •  ½ cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
Directions: Sauté the onion in oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Mix the lentils, onions, pepper, egg, garlic, soy, and worcestershire sauces in the large bowl, then mix in the ground oats and bread crumbs. Form the lentil mixture into patties and cook em up immediately in a frying pan with some olive oil. Dress it up real nice like I did down here. Eat up and love your life. 

    1 comment: