My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://bethanytab.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I love me some communication studies

"Matter, which keeps our souls apart, brings them together. It enables each of us to have an 'outside' as well as an 'inside', so that what are acts of will and thought for you are noises and glances for me; you are enabled not only to be but to appear. And hence, I have the pleasure of making your acquaintance."
C.S. Lewis, Problem of Pain

"We use symbols to create meaning. Then, we use those meanings to create reality. Then we negotiate meaning. Humans are symbol using and abusing animals."
--Jean Dufresne

"Communication is what makes us human"
--my Interpersonal Communications professor

"Rational thought is what makes us human"
--my Philosophy professor

"Rational thought does not make us human, artistic representation makes us human."
--my Film professor

personal opinion: being made in the image of God makes us human

"Thought and speech are God's gift to creatures made in His image; these are intimately associated with Him and impossible apart from Him...We may speak because God spoke. In Him word and idea are indivisible."
A.W. Tozer, Knowledge of the Holy

In Him word and idea are indivisible. Suppose Tozer is completely right. This axiom becomes physical law, and we take it from heaven and bring it down to earth and every thought becomes voice.

(shudder)

How alone I would be.

I never doubt that God hears my thoughts. But I sure don't stop to wonder what He thinks of them unless I am thinking something good, that I want Him to hear.
But I do think some ugly thoughts.

And yet, still He loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment