My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://bethanytab.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 11, 2011

terribly wonderful

My sister and I had interesting days today.
She reported on the memorial service of a fallen police officer in Chattanooga. His wife stood up in front of news cameras and, in her mourning, said that she would trust God and not lean on her own understanding.
I watched a little trouper take 21 stitches to the forearm. It took almost an hour for the doctor to sew him up. His mom cried and his dad, knowing him better than anyone, kept making him laugh despite the pain. Kids amaze me. Parents do too.
I wish we could all live in a world where our bodies don't break and bleed...and I think it was really sweet of God to prepare such a place for us to go when we're done here. Today I remembered again how undeniable it is that He put a little bit of Himself into each one of us so that we can handle crises we were never intended to endure.
Megan and I both cried over witnessing these events today. I think that if your job doesn't move you deep in your heart, you should at least get a hobby that does. Please. The world needs you at your most passionate.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - so poignant, so well said! I love the line - "I think that if your job doesn't move you deep in your heart, you should at least get a hobby that does. Please. The world needs you at your most passionate. " How very very true and honest! Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Michael: I figured the police respect would win you back.
    @ Lynn: thank you!

    ReplyDelete