My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://bethanytab.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 9, 2010

a handsome brother, a wedding kiss, and an elderly engagement

Hello to all. It's a friday night, and I'm at my local Americano-maker. I'm averaging about two a day this week. I wonder if the inside of my stomach is stained black yet. I'm not sure why I thought of that just now. Gross.
I had a great time in Florida over the weekend. True, it rained every day I was there, but no matter. I've been to the beach before, and I'll be there again. There were a few highlights. I'm sure you're dying to know what they are.


  • Ben Boatwright. I got some quality hang out time with the brother. Whenever I fly home, he's my resident chauffeur. I just tell him where I want to go, smile sweetly at his eye roll, tell him how much I love him, and buy him food at a local drive-thru to keep him inspired to keep driving me around. I really miss this guy when I'm in Kansas City. Every time I see him, he gets more handsome. I mean, look at him! All you high school girls out there: he's 5'8, 200 lbs, and taking numbers. But you better be classy. I mean it.
  • I got to attend my dear old friend Joyia's wedding. Joyia and I worked at Chick-fil-A together for forever, forever ago. The last time I got coffee with her was about this time last year, and she was all "I just started dating this guy and he's nice and all but I'm really not sure and I think I want to move to Alabama and I just don't know..." Next thing I know, she's madly in love with a diamond on her finger, planning a beautiful wedding. Props to the groom for executing one of the best wedding kiss dips I've seen. He went even lower than depicted here. Great form. Well done.


  • Right after the wedding, I ran home because my parents were hosting a 4th of July party at our house. This shindig started small and quickly ballooned to a guestlist that may have exceeded 60 people from my parent's church. I walked into our house and immediately wanted to crawl into my introvert hermit shell and hide there for the remainder of the evening. I didn't know any of these people! And they all knew me! I panicked. I felt like a pastor's kid again for the first time in 5 years. I didn't know what to do. I searched for Mom, she was laughing with her friends. I searched for Dad, he was laughing with his friends. I searched for brother, he was manning the grill. Then I decided to chill out and get to know these nice people. Halfway through the evening, Dad made everyone be quiet because he said someone had an announcement to make. Then old Bobby Lee declared his love for Marilynn, and asked her to be his wife. Right there in the kitchen! It was so cute. Just look at these snow-bird-love-birds. Precious.
Well, that's all. I think I'll go get a life now. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment